Thursday, February 16, 2012

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner




Need a quick weekday dinner?   I've tried this recipe a couple different times.  The original recipe calls for chicken thighs but I had breasts in the freezer.  This is a great example of using what you have on hand.  In my case it's things I got on sale.
1 package of chicken
4 potatoes
olive oil
seasonings
I used fresh sage and garlic.  Along with salt, pepper, rosemary, and I found some cajon seasoning downstairs in the stock pile.
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl.
Place in casserole dish (or in my case a 9 by 13 pan)
Bake at 350  for approximately 45 minutes.
Time will depend on what kind of chicken you use.  I think thighs take about 25 minutes.  I always use a thermometer.  Chicken should be cooked to 165.
Costs:
chicken $3.44
potatoes $.75    5lb bag on sale this week at Schnucks for $1.68
green beans $.40
Everything else was on hand.
Dinner for 4 for under $5!!   That's Winner Winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment