Friday, February 17, 2012

Homemade Sugar Scrub

Homemade Sugar Scrubs 

I have seen lots of different ideas for this including using olive oil. 
After trying all a couple recipes I decided if I was going to do 
this I might as well invest in some better oils.  
Sweet Almond oil is a great base for sugar scrubs.
I also add Jojoba oil and glycerine and a coconut fragrance oil.
You can also use coconut oil.  I wouldn't use this as your main oil because it 
is a solid oil.  You have to melt it and it will re harden.
I have also used Dr Bronner's Castile liquid soap for the fragrance.  

Whatever you choose to use the basic recipe is the same.
Use 2/3 sugar to 1/3 oil mixture.
I start by putting 2/3 cup of sugar in my container.
Then measure out 1/3 cup of oils.  I looked into glycerine and
found out it's great for your skin so I add that in with my oil.
Add a couple drops of fragrance oil or Dr Bronner's Castile Soap.
I love using the peppermint soap with this.  It makes a great
peppermint foot scrub.
I use 1 cup ziploc containers.  You can also dress this up by putting in jars.

I found all of my oils on Amazon.  











No comments:

Post a Comment