Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blahs

As far as I'm concerned the recent deals have been ho hum.  Hopefully my luck changes tomorrow when I hit up Schnucks.  I will post if I find anything good.  I'm hoping they still have the Beneful dog meals.  The dog really likes those.  She's such a spoiled brat.  
Another great deal there this week is the new Kraft cheese and bread cumb mix. Fresh Take.  Looks like they are on sale for $2.  When you buy 2 use 2 $1 off coupons and get a catalina coupon for another $1 back.  Making them $.50 each.  
For a complete deal match up head over to Clippin with Carrie.   

I am planning on doing some more cleaning projects with more homemade cleaner recipes later this week.   We have been busy lately.  Our youngest is getting ready to test for his black belt so things have been a little hectic around here.  We are hoping he passes so we can slow down for a bit.  

I've also been busy baking bread.   When the kid told me we were out of bread the other day, I told him that's why I baked bread.  Can you tell my kids always have had store bought bread?  I am getting it down pretty good.  I only have to glance at the recipe now just to double check myself.  This is definitely a plus.  This way I can turn this out faster.  I have growing boys.  They try to eat me out of house and home on a daily basis.  
It's been a challenge to do more things from scratch when you also have a full time job.  But I feel it is totally worth it.  I know what I'm putting into their food and what I am not putting in.  And did I mention it is so yummy?!  I think I just need to invest in more bread pans so I can make more at one time.  I have done 2 batches this week.  Growing boys!  Even worse,  teenage growing boys!  
Well another day is done.  We shall see what tomorrow brings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment