Friday, February 10, 2012

Homemade laundry soap

I have heard of many people making their own laundry soap lately  I first heard of it from my father. He has been making liquid soap for years.  I looked into it but being that I had a stock pile of laundry soap I never followed through. Then I found a powdered recipe.
It is so simple and it is great for people with sensitive skin.  And it works!


What you need:

1 cup of bar soap.  Ivory or Fels Naptha.
1/2 cup borax
1/2 cup washing soda

You can grind your soap up many ways.   Use a box grater, a food processor, or my way.   I use the ninja blender the hubs got me for Christmas.   I'm sure this isn't what he had in mind but it works great!

Mix all ingredients.
Store in an air tight container.
Use 1 to 2 tablespoons per load.



As far as costs..
The washing soda costs $3.25
Borax :  approx $9  ( I haven't bought it in a while)
Ivory:  Less than $1 with coupons.

I've made many batches of this laundry soap and still haven't had to replace the borax or the washing soda.  It will cost you pennies a load!





No comments:

Post a Comment