Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No more poo?! Update




I am into my 2nd week of not shampooing my hair.  For original post, go here.  I've tried a couple different ways of doing it.  I've tried the baking soda paste that you rub into your scalp but wasn't impressed.  It didn't seem to work for me.  I am back to diluting 1 to 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a cup of water.  Then conditioning with 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water.
I am still waiting for that day when I don't feel greasy.  Well, strike that.   I do have days when it doesn't feel greasy but others where it does bother me.  I am at the point now that I've done it two weeks why would I quit now?  Especially if I'm just about over the hurtle of oily hair.  I mean who knows, tomorrow could be the day.
I did color my hair last week which may have stripped the oil.  So now my hair could be over producing oil again.  Which makes sense.  argh!  I mean come on.  I had to dye those roots!
Overall, I am still happy with this experiment.  No one thinks my hair looks any different.   It doesn't smell like vinegar.  They can't tell that I have stopped shampooing my hair.

After searching the web a bit, I found these great tidbits!!!    So maybe that's what I'm doing wrong...   I need to just be conditioning the ends of my hair.  Hello!


If your hair becomes frizzy, try using less baking soda or leaving it on for a shorter period of time. Adding honey may also help.
If your hair becomes greasy, try using less apple cider vinegar, switching to lemon or lime juice, leaving out the honey, and/or using a comb instead of a brush. Also, make sure you re applying the apple cider vinegar just to the ends of your hair.
If your scalp itches, try the following essential oils; tea tree, lavender, rosemary. If your hair becomes dry, try a tiny bit of oil (any oil, I use olive) smoothed on bottom of hair.


I have to confess (and this is embarrassing to admit) that I usually get dandruff every winter along with itchy scalp.  This has really cleared that up.  I have no flakes what so ever.  That could be why I haven't given up on this.
I am off to NOT shampoo my hair.   Happy No Pooing to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment