Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No more poo?!

Alright guys.  I am going to try my hand at this blogging thing.  I'm not sure how it's going to go but here's what I did tonight.  
I started the no poo experiment.  That's right!  No shampoo.  If you haven't heard about this you should google it.  There are many different varieties but the basic concept is using baking soda to "wash" and "condition" with apple cider vinegar.  I took 2 tablespoons of baking soda and dissolved it in 1 cup of water.  Pour over hair.  Let it sit for a bit.  Then rinse with a mixture of 1 tablespoon of vinegar with 1 cup of water.  Rinse.  
So far, I am impressed.  My hair feels clean.  Not oily or gross.  I have read that there is a period of detox.  Which may mean some scary bad hair days but I hope to keep it up.   It seems that most people that try it seem to like it.  
Apparently, it is catching on.  They even have no poo options for sale on Amazon.  


Maybe people like me are finally realizing all the chemicals we use in our daily lives.  


*just a side note.  According to alot of the articles I've read our glands start over producing oil to compensate for our shampoo stripping the natural oils.  Ever wonder why you start to get greasy hair if you don't shampoo after a day or two?  This is why.  Therefore if you try this method you will go through a period of detox.  But they say the bad days are worth it for your hair.  That you will notice shinier more managable hair.  It is supposed to calm the frizzes too.   


Update Here!!

4 comments:

  1. I have thought about trying this, but now I will wait to see what you say :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After day one it is still all good. Styled my hair like normal this morning. No problems.
      I heard my neighbor say she was doing this months ago. She loved it. Someone told her that her hair looked great. Then asked what she was doing. She said she stopped shampooing. We were all like... WHAT?

      Delete
  2. That is great. What does your hair smell like after it all washed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't smell like vinegar if that's what you're thinking. You smell the vinegar a little when you use it but when it dries the smell is gone. I did however add a drop of coconut essential oil just to make sure I didn't have any vinegar smell. ;)

      Delete