Thursday, April 26, 2012

3 month update: No more poo?



It is hard to believe that I am coming up on 3 months of the no poo experiment.  I have fallen off the wagon now and then.  Usually because I was running behind and didn't have time to mix up my solutions.    I believe advertisers have successfully brainwashed us to believe that if it doesn't suds up it isn't working.  Even now with all I've learned, I still like the feel of lathering up my shampooed head of hair.  I'm sure it has to do with 30 plus years of shampooing.  Not to mention the wonderful plethora of scented shampoos.  I love the smell goods.  It's an obsession.
So how do you ignore the craving of suds and fantastic smells?
I've come to a compromise of sorts.   I don't feel bad on the days that I do use shampoo.  I try to stick to my no shampoo pledge but somedays I give in to the poo.   It's there in the shower calling my name.
After coloring my hair I stick to the shampoo and conditioner for a bit before switching back to my baking soda mixture.
Overall, I'm satisfied with the results of the no poo experiment.  I'm going to continue to use the method even if I fall off once in a while.

If you want more information on the no poo experiment check out these links:
My original no poo blog post
Last update on no poo

No comments:

Post a Comment