Thursday, April 26, 2012

Delicious Dinner Rolls







I came across a great recipe on Pinterest a couple months ago for buttery dinner rolls.   I needed something to take for Easter dinner and decided that I was going to make the rolls this year.  No store bought for us thank you.  I was leery about how they'd turn out and if it would be enough since we were having the extended family.  The recipe at first glance looked a little overwhelming for a beginner like myself.  As I got going though it was pretty simple.  The rolls looked store bought and tasted even better.  Everyone loved them.  They are buttery, flaky goodness.
Today I made a batch for the family.  The recipe does make 48 rolls so I decided to add ham and cheese to some of them.  Something quick to grab on the way out the door in the morning.  We had some for dinner and the rest I put in ziploc bags and froze.
Now we will have homemade rolls whenever we want them.

Check out Howdoesshe.com for the full recipe.
This recipe is great for gatherings or to freeze.  No one will believe that you made them.  They look THAT good!
I think I'm going to play around with adding things again.   The ham and cheese tasted awesome!   Maybe I'll try pepperoni and mozzarella.  The oldest kiddo suggested bacon.  Everything's better with bacon, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment