Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Produce Basket today and my extras

What I got in my produce basket this week.  $21.50 

 Add ons:  Tortilla Chips  2 lb bags $3.45
These are the best chips... just like the ones at restaurants.  Made locally.
10lb Russet potatoes $2.40
 Our local produce coop also does eggs.  I finally decided to try this out.  
$1.20 a dozen.  The cage free brown was sold out.  
I guess so because I think they were priced at $2.20 a dozen.  Seems like a deal to me.  

I encourage anyone wanting fresh produce to search for a community coop or bountiful basket program.  
For the St Louis area go Here to look for a location near you.  
The only downfall for me is I'm super picky.  You do not get to pick what you get in your basket.  It is usually 50% veggies and 50% fruits.  I usually give away what we won't eat or you can easily split a basket with family or friends.  
They have lots of great add ons.  Many are made locally.  

No comments:

Post a Comment