Saturday, May 5, 2012

Homemade Granola bars







What you will need:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
4 cups quick cooking oats
2 cup crispy rice cereal
1 teaspoon vanilla
mini chocolate chips

Directions:
In a small sauce pan heat butter, honey, brown sugar.
Mix your oats and rice krispies in a large bowl.  Set aside.
Let your mixture heat another 2 minutes after you bring it to a boil.
Pull from the heat and add teaspoon of vanilla.
Mix with your dry ingredients.
Pour into a lightly sprayed jelly roll pan or  I lined my pan with waxed paper.
Press mixture down firmly.
Sprinkle with chocolate mini chips.
Let them cool on the counter for a couple hours then cut into bars.
Store at room temperature.

I added some peanut butter to my hot mixture since this household is very fond of peanut butter.  :)
You can change up your dry mixture with whatever you choose.  I used a mixture of quick oats and whole oats.




No comments:

Post a Comment