Thursday, May 17, 2012

Freezer cooking: soft tacos/ burritos

Today I did a little freezer cooking.  What's freezer cooking?  It is when you cook ahead and freeze dinners or parts of dinner.  Freezer cooking works great for busy families.  I like to double recipes when making dinner and freeze the other half for a later date.  
There's plenty of food in my house but if my boys have to put two things together they think there's nothing to eat.  I try not to buy premade processed frozen foods even though that's what my kids want.  One way to get them to eat a little better is by making your own ready to heat and eat foods. 

To make burritos I browned hamburger meat and made into taco meat.
After I let it cool down for a bit I spooned even amounts onto my shells along with cheese.
I don't add anything else as other things don't freeze and reheat well.  Each person can add after they reheat.  
Roll into burritos.  Wrap in a paper towel.  Put into a plastic bag and freeze.  
I left a few out for them to eat right away.

Although we almost always have these ingredients on hand the boys wouldn't think to make these on their own.  Takes very little time to put together and they have some quick and easy to grab and go.  They also make great last minute dinners.  
You can also use chicken or steak.  






No comments:

Post a Comment