Thursday, March 15, 2012

No bake cake balls. Yumm!



You've heard of  Oreo balls but what about cake balls?

1 ½ cups flour
1 cup yellow cake mix
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
5-6 Tablespoons milk
 sprinkles
Vanilla Almond Bark

Blend butter and sugar in mixer.  Then add flour, cake mix, vanilla, and salt.  Mix well.  Then add milk a little at a time until you have a thick batter that you can roll.  Stir in sprinkles.  Optional.
Roll out into balls.  Place on wax or parchment paper.  Put them in the freezer until they firm up.  
Melt your almond bark and then dip your balls.  
I then used green sprinkles since it is close to St Patrick's Day.  
Store in the fridge.  


3 comments:

  1. Karen - I am SOOO going to have to try these - I have to come up with some nibbles for the Stein/Krug auction at Germania this weekend - I think these fit the bill! HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, They are melt in your mouth sinful delicious. I think the kiddo ate most of them. I tried to stay away for the most part. That's how good they are. I know they are bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made a batch with Yellow cake mix and covered in semi-sweet chocolate coating (couldn't find almond vanilla bark) and they are TO DIE FOR!

    Going to experiment with other cake mix flavors and coatings - these are amazing!

    Thanks, Karen!

    ReplyDelete