Monday, June 11, 2012

Homemade Laundry Soap #2

I've been making my own laundry soap for a while now.  Many people are starting to look into it since the price of laundry soap is skyrocketing.  The recipe is so simple.  Anyone can do it. 
There are numerous ways to make your laundry soap.  Google homemade laundry soap if you don't believe me.  I've tried different recipes but I normally use this recipe.  I saw another new take on laundry soap that looked promising.  Here's the "recipe".   


2 packs of Ivory soap (or Zote or Fels Naptha)
20 Mule Team Borax Powder
Super Washing Soda
Baking Soda
Oxi Clean
Purex crystals

Grate your soap.  You can use a box grater, a food processor, or a ninja.

The basic recipe is 2 parts of grated soap to 1 part of borax and washing soda.  
I followed my basic recipe then added the new ingredients.
I have 4 cups of grated soap.
Add 2 cups of borax
2 cups of washing soda
(basic recipe)
then I added about 1 1/2 cups of Oxi Clean
1 cup of baking soda
and 2 cups of Purex Crystals.  

I liked this recipe since it has the softener added into it.  
You will use 1 to 2 Tablespoons per load.  
Seriously!  That's all you need.  It will take you a while to get used to using so little but it does work.
It is also good for front loaders because it doesn't sud.  
That was the hardest for me to get used to... no suds.  I thought it couldn't be possibly be working.  I was wrong.  It's also good for people with sensitive skin.  If you have sensitivities, you may want to leave out the Purex Crystals since they are scented.  
Happy Washing!


No comments:

Post a Comment