Saturday, September 1, 2012

Taffy Apple Pizza

Attention all friends and family:
Everyone that asks me for this recipe.  Here it is!

This is in no way my recipe.  It is an old Pampered Chef recipe.

What you need:
1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 8oz cream cheese softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1 cup lemon lime soda
cinnamon
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup peanuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.  Roll out dough on your pizza stone or cookie sheet (raised edges).   Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool.
Blend peanut butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla together.
Spread onto cooled cookie.
Use an apple corer/peeler/slicer to prepare your apples.  You could also peel and slice your apples or chop.   I used pampered chefs corer, peeler, slicer.   Then quarter.   Dip apples into soda to prevent browning.
I like to dry my apples off a bit on a paper towel (optional).
Arrange apples on your cream cheese mixture.
Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping... Let's be honest here.  I do not measure this.  Just pour it on!
Sprinkle with optional peanuts.  I usually leave these off.
Cut and serve!

2 tips:
1. It's helpful to loosen your cookie off the pan after it cools and before you dress it.
2. This recipe does not store well.  It gets soggy.  I only make for gatherings when I know it will be eaten that night or day.

This time I doubled the recipe and used a 12x17 bar pan.  It made my cookie thicker than it should be but I wanted a covered pan.  I usually use 2 16 inch round pizza stones.
BEWARE:  people will fight over this dessert.  Or maybe that's just my friends and family?!  Enjoy responsibly!


No comments:

Post a Comment