Thursday, September 6, 2012

Nutella Cookies



I have been wanting to try this recipe for a while now but haven't found the time.  I have never tried Nutella but my kids LOVE it.  When I first told my oldest about these cookies he was in awe.   He was wondering why I hadn't made them yet.
It's a really simple recipe with very few ingredients.  I added a bit of baking powder and milk to my recipe.  I just felt like I needed a leavening powder and then the milk to help mix everything into a manageable dough.

1 cup Nutella  (about one 13 oz jar)
½ cups Sugar
1 cup All-purpose Flour
1 whole Egg
pinch of baking powder
about a teaspoon of milk

Mix Nutella, sugar and egg together.
Then mix in the flour and baking powder (optional)
Use milk if you need something more to thoroughly mix your dough.
Roll into balls.  Place on parchment paper covered cookie sheets.   Press down balls with the palm of your hand.
Bake at 350 for approximately 8 minutes.   Let cool on sheets for 2 minutes then place on a rack to cool completely.
Yields about 24 cookies

These cookies are pretty yummy.  I'd never tried the Nutella until I tried these cookies.  Yumm...  I'm sure these will be a regular in our baking line up.  The oldest was pretty impressed.  They are almost like brownie bite cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment