Thursday, July 5, 2012

Schnucks Trip 7-5




I think I had a pretty good week at Schnucks.  My rule of thumb is to try to save at least 50% at the grocery store.  It's a little harder to do on groceries than on Health and Beauty items.  There just aren't as many coupons for food.  Which is why I dislike the Extreme Coupon Show.  It gives people false goals and expectations to try to attain.  Start small and work your way up.  Once you score some of your first deals you will get better at it and be able to go for more.  
I do not buy 20 of anything.  A normally family will never use all of that.  Aim for what your family will use.  The only things here that I bought more than 3 of are the yogurts.  I bought 12.  

This week I spent $48.94 and saved $56.65.  
I had NO coupons for any fresh fruit or veggies.  
Some highlights and my favorites:
Weber seasoning $1.  pd .25  *kickin chicken* LOVE!
Dial hand soaps $1.  pd .30    *way better price than $3 BBW soaps*
Land o Lakes butter spread $1. pd .20
Chex Mix
Bugles
and Gardettos $1 each  pd .70
Yoplait pd .37
General Mills Cereals select varieties.. 4/$10
buy 4 save an instant $4.   Makes them 4/$6 and I had coupons to also use.
Hellava Dips 2/$4.  Used .75 coupons.
Schnucks whole cut up chicken $.99lb.  Used their Wednesday WOW coupon for an additional $1 off.  
Paid $3.71 for the chicken which we can use for 2 meals.  Usually grill it the first time then use leftovers for quesadillas or fajitas etc.

^all of my coupons came from the Sunday paper with the exception of the Wednesday WOW coupon.  Schnucks posts coupons on their Facebook page every Wednesday.  



No comments:

Post a Comment